Sunday 31 July 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Hippies/Festivals

Week 43 of the 52 week 40 Great Nail Art Idea's Challenge.

Nine more weeks to go......

This week the prompt is Hippies/Festivals.

Lots of things come to mind, flowers, bright colours, green peace, Reading Festival, Glastonbury.... the list is endless really.

I've never been to a festival but as a child of the 70's probably worn flowery prints and flares :)

But I also had tie dye in my head and as I've never done this on my nails, what better reason than now.

Here is my contribution....


I applied a white polish as a base and then did the nail art over the top.  This makes the colours pop more.

I did the tie dye effect on the two middle fingers using a very fine dotting tool and when I had finished the pattern, gently dabbed over it with some acetone remover with a brush to give a more tie dye effect.

For the index and thumb, I dropped some polish drops onto a stamper and just stamped it straight onto my nails.  I added some metal studs and voila.



See what other participants did in this challenge via the inlinkz below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking.